深圳桑拿论坛,深圳上门按摩网

Powered By Ymzwl!
June 30th, 2019 by admin

Underworld figure confesses

Victorian police, charged with investigating Melbourne's underworld, have warned the war is not over despite claiming a major scalp, gangland kingpin Carl Williams.

深圳桑拿论坛

On Thursday Williams pleaded guilty in the Victorian Supreme Court to the murders of Lewis Moran, 58, his son Jason, 36, and a third man who cannot be named.

The confessions were a major breakthrough for the Purana gangland taskforce charged with investigating Melbourne's underworld wars.

But the taskforce's head, Deputy Commissioner Simon Overland, said today the battle was not over and can never be won.

"No, they never end actually and I've never really liked the term war, it sort of suggests that it is something we can win," he told the Nine Network.

"The point is this is entrenched organised crime that we're dealing with; we know that it never goes away.

"It became pretty public down here, obviously that's put a lot of pressure on us to be seen to deal with it, I think we're now doing that.

"But it's not going to go away and neither are we."

Jason Moran, 36, and his bodyguard Pasquale Barbaro, 40, were shot dead as they sat in a car watching a children's football clinic in Essendon in June, 2003.

Lewis Moran was shot dead in the inner-city Brunswick Club on March 31, 2004.

Details of the third murder are suppressed.

Williams faces spending the rest of his life in jail following the guilty pleas.

He is already serving at least 21 years for the 2003 murder of Michael Marshall, who was gunned down outside his South Yarra home in front of his five-year-old son on October 25, 2003.

The outcome of that trial had been suppressed until yesterday.

Mr Overland said Williams' confessions were a great victory for police and he thanked the officers and law enforcement agencies involved.

"It is a great day for our people, it's a vindication for their efforts and the work they've done," he said.